Shazia Sparkman is the founder and managing partner where she advocates fiercely and passionately for her clients in all types of family law and complex business litigation matters. Armed with a razor sharp grasp of the law, Ms. Sparkman brings her smart sophistication in analyzing every case for each client. Clients have come to expect a tailored and customized approach to each legal situation.
It is this personalized approach that was the vision of Ms. Sparkman and that has rooted the firm into the Tampa Bay community as one recognized for excellent service.
Ms. Sparkman is a native of Tampa, born and raised and grew up with a passion for the law and service. She has cultivated her talent for lawyering in the most effective and artful manner where her persuasion skills and legal expertise merge together in the courtroom.
She is a perfectionist at heart who drives herself to accomplish tasks that others would run from. Her memory and ability to multi-task is difficult to comprehend or describe but clearly reveals how she is able to remember every conversation she has ever had and every client story told.
Ms. Sparkman’s community involvement is an extension of her dedication to her clients. She is a member of the Junior League of Tampa and her passion for giving back to the community is exemplified in the volunteer service work she provides in addition to the law firm’s support of various community events that are dear to heart, such as the Heart Gallery of Tampa Bay and the Easter Seals organization, both organizations that highlight giving to empower and strengthen children.
As a mother of three children, Ms. Sparkman is fueled by this role as a mother, lawyer and volunteer with her focus being to make her community a place where she can be proud to raise her children.
Areas of Practice
- Family & Matrimonial Law
- Family Law
- Florida, 2005
- New York, 2004
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York
- Law Journal: Women’s Law Journal, Editor, 2002 – 2003
- Florida Atlantic University & University of South Florida, Boca Raton, Florida
- B.A. cum laude – 1999
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Philosophy
- Minor: Certificate in Classical Studies and Political Science
- “Islam and Western Feminism”, Women’s Law Journal
- “Evidence Problems in Domestic Violence Prosecution”, Florida Bar Magazine, 2004
- Co-Author of the Appellate Brief in Coyle v. Coyle, So.2d , opinion published in the Florida Law Weekly-successful outcome
- Florida Prosecutor Assoc. Daytona Beach, FPA, 2006
- Frequent Lecturer for the Florida Statewide Prosecutor Office on Domestic Violence
- Presenter for Lorman’s CLE on Adoption Law- from start to finish
- Presenter for Lorman’s CLE on Family Law
Honors and Awards
- Frequent appearances on Fox 13 Ask-a Lawyer partnered with the Hillsborough County Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Family Law Inns of Court – Platinum Inn of Court recognized by the American Inns of Court, Barrister
- Hillsborough County Women’s Bar Association, Member
- South Asian Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Clearwater Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- South Tampa Chamber Commerce, Member
- University at Buffalo School of Law Alumni Association
- Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Section
- Florida Bar-Family Law & Matrimonial Section
- Florida Muslim Bar Association, Board Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association & Stetson University School of Law Mentoring Program
Past Employment Positions
- Tampa & Bradenton, Former State Prosecutor (Assistant State Attorney), 2004 – 2006
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer for Florida’s Law Week & Hillsborough County Mentor Program
- Stetson Law Day Mentor – Tampa Fl
- Read to children Week – Tampa, Fl
- Member and active participant and volunteer with the Junior League of Tampa Bay