The Rights Of Same-Sex Couples In Florida
In light of the Supreme Court’s recent legalization of same-sex marriage, individuals and couples within the LGBTQ+ community have access to a wealth of new rights. However, couples still face unique challenges in family law matters.
At The Sparkman Law Firm, we have been serving same-sex couples in Tampa, Florida, and the surrounding communities for more than 10 years. We are proud to help individuals and families exercise their rights, protect their interests and make decisions that serve their families.
A Counselor At Law And Life For Florida’s Same-Sex Couples
Our lawyers represent clients in a wide variety of cases involving LGBT rights and same-sex relationships. State and federal law regarding the rights of couples is constantly changing. We stay on top of those changes to provide you with the best possible representation.
Attorney Shazia Sparkman can help you with all types of issues, including:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements for same-sex couples
- Cohabitation agreements designed to protect personal property rights
- Durable powers of attorney that provide partners with decision-making authority in case of a medical emergency
- Obtaining access to medical records and other issues pertaining to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- End-of-life planning, including living wills and health care directives
- Parental rights issues, including custody and child support
- Same-Sex Marriage
- Dissolutions of Marriage
Protect Your Interests. Talk To A Lawyer.
Contact our office today to discuss your LGBT rights issues with a lawyer. We offer a free initial phone consultation to all new clients. Please contact us online or call 813-374-2000.