Our office is virtually open and we are continuing to serve our clients. Click Here for more information and updates.
Call Us Today

Can My Parental Rights Be Reinstated After Termination?

On behalf of Sparkman Law Firm posted in Family Law on Monday, November 12th, 2018.

If your parental rights were terminated, it’s normal to experience a wide variety of emotions from anger to heartbreak. You may wonder if it’s possible to get your parental rights reinstated, or if it’s simply impossible. While not impossible, it’s certainly not an easy process. You’ll want an experienced, aggressive attorney at your side.

What Florida Law Says About the Reinstatement of Parental Rights

Only nine states in the U.S. have formal legislation allowing for the reinstatement of parental rights. Unfortunately, Florida is not one of them. However, this does not automatically mean that you cannot gain your parental rights back if they were revoked. It simply means you will need to make the best case possible.

How to Make a Strong Case

There are several ways you can make a strong case for the reinstatement of your parental rights in Florida:

  • The child is over the age of 14 or considered mature enough to consent to the reinstatement of parental rights
  • Your child has not been adopted or found permanent placement
  • It was determined that your child was neglected or abused in foster care
  • You are on good terms with social services and they file the request with the courts to restore your parental rights
  • Your child’s current guardian agrees with restoring your parental rights and files the request with the courts
  • You have a stable source of legal income and a clean home with ample space and privacy for your child
  • You have addressed and resolved the issues that led to your parental rights originally being revoked
  • You have an experienced Florida child custody attorney to passionately campaign for your rights and protect the best interests of your child — which is often maintaining a quality relationship with their parents.

Discuss Your Case with a Qualified Lawyer

If your parental rights have been revoked, there’s a chance that you may not be able to get them reinstated. Recognize that this is a possibility, but also make a commitment to do everything you can on your part to restore your rights. This may mean making several changes in your life that are likely to be looked at favorably by the court.

For more information on how to restore parental rights after termination, contact Sparkman Law for a one-on-one consultation to learn what your legal options are and what your next move should be. Call now at (813) 374-2000.

Request Your Information

Practice areas

Contact Us Now For A Free Consultation

Case Consultation

  • * labels are required.

    In submitting this contact form and communicating with us in response to this website, you are advised not to send any confidential information. Information sent to us in response to this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship with the Sparkman Law Firm. No attorney-client relationship exists or should be assumed as a result of this communication.
  • disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
footer brand logo
Sparkman Law Firm
313 South Bungalow Park Avenue
Tampa, FL 33609
4.2 stars - 37 reviews

Phone: 813-374-2000
Fax: 813-374-2031
Map & Directions

P: 813-374-2000
F: 813-374-2031

313 South Bungalow Park Avenue